Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss: Breeze and Rose Glisten

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I don't write about Jouer often because we don't have a Jouer counter in the DC area. It's sad. I discovered the brand online and was delighted to visit the counter at Henri Bendel the last time I visited New York. I hope to go back soon.

In the meantime, I've been shopping online. Last week, I took advantage of a site-wide discount and ordered some nice new makeup. I had never tried the Moisturizing Lip Gloss ($20), so two went into my shopping cart.

These lip glosses are irresistibly sheer shades loaded with vitamins A, C, and E, shea butter, jojoba oil, and pomegranate seed oil to moisturize, soothe, nourish, rejuvenate, and protect your lips. There's no question Jouer's glosses will keep your lips smooth and hydrated. It took me one day to figure that out.

Available in Jouer's signature vial that connects to any Jouer custom palette, the glosses are perfectly useable on their own. I purchased Breeze and the limited edition Rose Glisten (shown in Jouer's photo at left and mine above right).

Breeze is described as a sheer berry with gold shimmer. It's shown in the tube in my photo above on the left side. Rose Glisten (shown at right above) is described as a sheer sparkling rose. I purposely selected two shades that showed me some color online. Neither is particularly pigmented - my only disappointment. These glosses feel fabulous on my lips and stay put a reasonable amount of time for a lip gloss - without feeling at all heavy or sticky.

Here are two swatch photos, both taken in full sun. Breeze is shown at the top of my arm, and Rose Glisten is shown below. Remember to simply click on the photos if you want to see an enlarged view. Breeze is definitely the darker of the two shades, so it's my favorite. Rose Glisten is very, very light. It reminds me of Bobbi Brown's new Pink Tulle High Shimmer Lip Gloss. It's a pretty topper and will add a baby pink shine to your lipstick. It can be used as a lip conditioner if you want a little natural color.

There are 23 shades of Moisturizing Lip Gloss. I do want more of them, so next time I will order the darkest shades available. You can find the colors at the Jouer Web site. Mirage looks like it's calling my name.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty or Jouer