YSL Beauté Eyeliner Effet Faux Cils Long-Wear Cream Eyeliner for Fall 2011

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Sunday, September 4, 2011

YSL Beauté's brand new Eyeliner Effet Faux Cils Long-Wear Cream Eyeliner ($35) intensifies the eye with a spectacular long-lasting look. I saw the liners for the first time at a media event, and I fell in love with No 4, Sea Black, which is really blue. The moment the liners arrived at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria, I pounced by phone.



Eyeliner Effet Faux Cils Long-Wear Cream Eyeliner is available in six shades. The shade name on my box differs from the shade name in the promotional literature. I've included the box name in parentheses in the list below after the promotional name. I like the box names best.

  • No 1 Pure Black (Deep Black)

  • No 2 Black Grey (Ashy Black)

  • No 3 Black Bronze (Bronze Black)

  • No 4 Black Blue (Sea Black)
  • No 5 Black Burgundy (Cherry Black)

  • No 6 Black Green (Jade Black)

Here are a couple of swatch photos taken in sunshine - and one taken with a light overcast. I am finally using my new camera, but I'm not proficient with it yet. Please bear with me as I find the rhythm I need to get a sharp focus with the zoom lens set for close-up shots. What looks perfect in the viewfinder isn't.



As you can see in my swatch photos - regardless of my skills - the shade of Sea Black is indigo blue. It reminds me of this beautiful art shot of dandelion seed heads that you can find at redbubble.com (and purchase for greeting cards).



Its name, Sea Black, is something of a misnomer to me. It's blue through and through. On the lids, it looks blue - a gorgeous deep blue that catches the light, but does not shimmer on its own. I hope you can see that from the different light exposures of my swatch photos.



My photos show a thin line and a thick one, both drawn with an eyeliner brush. This cream liner applies like the best gel liners - smoothly and easily. It will stay on your lids until you're ready to remove it - and then some. While it's not marked waterproof, I have to remove it with an oil-based long-wear eye makeup remover.



I need to get over to the store to see the green, grey, and bronze shades. I am very pleased with YSL's new eyeliner. I know already I need a few more shades. I'm sure it will be available at all YSL counters soon. For now, I can tell you with certainty that Neiman Marcus Tysons received it.



Liner photos by Best Things in Beauty; dandelion photo courtesy of redbubble.com