Dior Smoky Khaki 3 Couleurs Smoky Eye Palette for Fall 2011

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Monday, September 12, 2011

Dior's new 3 Couleurs Smoky Eye Palettes ($48) offer gorgeous eye color choices for fall. I purchased Smoky Khaki and Smoky Nude weeks ago - the second they became available. I held off on showing them to you for multiple reasons - camera troubles, bad weather, you name it. Now, I'm ready to start with Smoky Khaki.

A breakthrough makeup innovation introduced by Dior: an unparalleled sliding palette that reveals a three-color eye shadow harmony to get catwalk-smoky eyes in three easy steps. This smart palette features soft, powdery textures for an effortless and made-to-measure smoky-eye effect. The extremely bendable base perfectly preps and colors the eyelid, while the eyeshadow duo offers different effects: more matte for a natural ready-to-wear style or more shiny for a glamorous couture style. A collection of trend-setting, sultry harmonies.

Khaki is one of my favorite eye shades. Dior has given it an unusual twist in Smoky Khaki. All three shades in the trio have a khaki cast. No single shade is pure khaki. You might think a khaki lover would find that distressing. Not me! I love this palette.

The khaki cast to each color is subtle. My swatch photos were taken in morning sunshine. I have nearly 50 other swatch photos, taken in various lighting conditions, but they didn't work to my satisfaction. I applied each shade heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator.

At the top, there's a brown shade that "leans khaki." You can see the khaki hue in person, but in the photos, the shade looks brown. You'll have to trust me; that Dior brown leans khaki. There's khaki in the sparkling grey shade too. I hope you get a hint from the swatches. The gold is an antique gold base shade, and I think it's easiest to see the khaki in the gold.

This is a palette you have to go see. You will love the slide-flip compact, with its pop-up mirror. The Beauty Look Book has a feature on Smoky Khaki, so make sure to check that out. You'll see the three shades on a different skin tone.

You can purchase Dior's new 3 Couleurs Smoky Eye Palettes at Sephora, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom - probably anywhere with a Dior counter. I'll keep working with that new camera until I get it right.

Photo at top courtesy of Nordstrom; other photos by Best Things in Beauty