The Friday Forum - March 11

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Friday, March 11, 2011

The robins come and go here all winter long. They seem to appear in spurts. During December, they came, ate every berry on my Foster Holly, and then took off. I doubt if they went far - probably just far enough to find the next Foster Holly, apparently a delicacy for robins. When they stick around every day, I know that spring is close at hand. It makes me happy that I've seen robins every day this week. They loved yesterday's rain.

I'm writing this Friday Forum early in the morning. Today, I will go back into my office for the first time since late December. I have been working almost full time, with time out for PT, but I've been working from home. Today, I'm going back to "real life." Think I'll pick up a lottery ticket while I'm out today.

This was another fun week of beauty deliveries! I hope we enjoy some sunshine this weekend so I can get some good swatch photos for you. I've got many nice things to tell you about, including new Shiseido and Josie Maran. I also have more pretty Lancôme palettes I haven't shown you. The latest batch is beautiful. I'm hoping for another box or two when I get home from work today. Those deliveries are exciting.

I didn't get much comment when I showed you the new Revlon CustomEyes palettes this week. I would like to know if you want me to continue to cover drugstore products now and then. Please comment if you like posts on less expensive options.

For those of you who have been keeping up with my post-surgery progress, my surgeon was pleased with his work when I saw him Wednesday. He told me I don't need to return for another visit, and I really don't need to wear the splint anymore. I graduated! We have reduced my physical therapy visits from three to two per week. My therapist thinks I should wear the splint for a period each day, and since he's a smart guy, I will wear it during the evening when I'm sitting still.

Savannah had a rough night. She's epileptic and had a very long seizure last night. It started at 12:30 am, and she's still rocking and rolling a bit. I had her in her car crate "to recover," and I let her out at 4:30 am. She ran off toward the first floor, where I'm sure she's trying to clean up (from post-seizure drooling). I'm hoping she will come back upstairs to eat soon and sleep it off. I feel terribly guilty about going to work today, with her in a post-seizure period, but I have no choice. There's a 99.9% chance she will be fine, though. She has seizures no more than once/month - sometimes much less - because I medicate her twice/day. It's still traumatic for her (and me too!).

What's new in your life? It's time for The Friday Forum. We use the forum to share information and chat. Did you find any deals you couldn't resist this week? Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Do you have a question others might be able to answer? Want to talk about skin care? Just use the comments. Don't be shy. Just make sure to ask any question you might have over the weekend. By Monday, most readers have moved on.

Don't forget that Ambre Blends has a great giveaway contest that ends here tomorrow. You can enter to win the fabulous Ambre Blends Invoke Gift Set at this link. Invoke is a gorgeous scent, a unique warm floral that will be different from all of your other fragrances. Just leave a comment at the contest feature to enter!

Thanks for reading Best Things in Beauty! Got anything you want to talk about?

Photo courtesy of thedailygreen.com