Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Thursday, March 24, 2011

Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil ($32) has quickly become one of my favorite oil-based cleansers. This gentle, all-natural cleanser is extremely effective, removing my makeup and every trace of my mascara in a pleasant, easy wash. To my nose, it has a delicious, light citrus scent.

This multitasking cleanser removes makeup and skin impurities (i.e., environmental grime and dirt) while providing deep hydration. The non-greasy texture leaves the skin feeling moisturized, not tight or over-dried.

The first ingredient on the list is argan oil, followed by an impressive list of natural and organic oils that include almond, safflower seed, grape seed, and grapefruit peel oils. The oils effectively cleanse the skin's surface and renew the skin. The grapefruit peel oil has to be responsible for the luscious scent.

Sephora, the exclusive retailer for this cleanser, says this product is ideal for all skin types. I can tell you that my dry skin loves it. Argan oil is an effective natural cleanser, restoring the skin's natural moisture and pH balance. It is produced from the argan tree in the arid lands of Morocco. Rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, this organically grown ingredient is known to prevent skin dehydration, inflammation, hyperpigmentation, and excess production of sebum. Naturally, as with other Josie Maran products, Argan Cleansing Oil is formulated without a lot of the not-so-nice ingredients we like to avoid.

One of my favorite features of cleansers is a pump dispenser, and Josie Maran has obliged with an easy-to-use pump that requires no struggling. The box says to rub 3-4 pumps of the oil into dry hands and apply evenly over the face. Then wet the face and massage the oil into a rich milk. To remove it, rinse with water. It slides off very easily, leaving my skin feeling hydrated and clean. What more can you ask?

Josie Maran's Argan Cleansing Oil has a much nicer price point than some of the other cleansing oils I use. I highly recommend it. You can find it at Sephora, where it has Sephora's natural seal.

Now, if Sephora would just put up a heart-stopping 500-point or 1,000-point reward, I would be a happy customer. I've been building points for so long, my total is getting ridiculous. I don't want glittery eyeliner, men's products, and skin-care samples that aren't right for me. Even their free samples have been pretty boring (obnoxious fragrances galore), but you shouldn't really complain about free. While I'm whining about Sephora, I didn't like the padded envelope in which my last order arrived. Who likes to pay full price for squished boxes? Sorry, Josie. Not your fault!

Photo courtesy of Sephora