New: Shiseido Oil-Free Powder Bronzer

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I've been in a bronzer kind of mood. Maybe it's because summer will be upon us before we know it. Maybe it's because I am always impressed with the year-round contouring power of bronzers. They can make your cheekbones pop. Whatever the reason, I saw Shiseido's Oil-Free Bronzer ($35) at Sephora online and ordered it right away. I love everything Shiseido.

This pressed powder, oil-free bronzer creates a natural, radiant, sun-kissed look. Its formula ensures a perfectly even, natural, air-brushed finish. For those who find that oil in beauty creates a problem for their skin, this bronzer should be a delight.

It's available in three shades: Dawn Light, Desert Rose, and Dusk. All three looked gorgeous in the color swatches at Sephora, but I ordered Dawn Light. I know that the others - despite their beautiful tones - would probably be too dark for my fair skin. I still plan to play with them when I go to a department store that carries Shiseido.

This is a short feature because there's not much more to tell you than, "I love it." The compact comes with a brush (nice touch) that is separated from the bronzer by a plastic insert. The color works nicely for me. Even though I swatched it using a sponge-tipped applicator to get a saturated rendering of the shade, it looks pretty, natural, and sheer on my face when applied with a powder or blush brush. I haven't used the little brush that comes with it, but I could. It's nice.

Here's a swatch photo, purposely created with a dark, heavy application to the left of the swatch, fading to a lighter application at the right. My photo was taken outdoors in full sun, accounting for my shiny skin. This bronzer is not sparkly. I hope you can see that.

The soft, airy texture is perfect, and it applies and blends with ease for an air-brushed look. It's an excellent bronzer for anyone who wants a bronze tone that appears extremely natural. While I can only testify to Dawn Light, I know Shiseido so well now, I can predict that the darker shades are equally gorgeous.

When applied with a brush, it leaves a warm tone on my fair skin without making me look like a mud puddle. In fact, the bronzer, when applied with a blush brush is barely discernible as a bronzer, which is fine with me! I don't want people to look at me and think I am wearing a pretty bronzer. I want them to look at me and think I look good - healthy.

As always, I am delighted with my Shiseido purchase. You can find this lovely bronzer at Sephora, Macy's, and other Shiseido counters.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora