Chanel Rouge Coco Shine - New Swatches

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Monday, March 28, 2011

Rouge Coco Shine ($32) may already be old news to you - even though the only shade to have hit the counters in the United States is Boy, which was released as a special teaser in February at Nordstrom and Chanel.com.

Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine, the company's newest lip colors from Peter Philips, Chanel's Creative Director for Makeup, is a fresh, delightfully sheer, and luminous new lipstick. Chanel has discontinued my old favorite, Aqualumiére, and this is its replacement. When I learned that Aqualumiére was history, I started buying any shades I could find. I liked it so much I bought shades that weren't perfect for my coloring and tastes. I couldn't imagine life without Aqualumiére. Now I can.

Rouge Coco Shine is a beautiful, lasting, moisturizing, sheer, shiny lip color with an incredible lightweight texture. It is completely different from Rouge Coco, a highly pigmented lip color, and it's very different from Aqualumiére. While Aqualumiére required frequent re-application, Rouge Coco Shine is long-lasting. As the hours go by, the shine does fade, but the color stays true. You can refresh the shine with a clear gloss or lip balm - or more of the lipstick.

I like everything about Rouge Coco Shine, from the slender tube to the sheer shine. This is a fabulous lipstick. I can't wait until April 6, when the full line of shades will become available at Chanel counters. I have seen them all, thanks to a sweetheart at a Chanel counter, but the only shades I have worn are those on a sample card, which I have swatched for you.

My photo at right was taken in bright outdoor sunlight. I applied the shades from the sample card with a lip brush. Sorry about my reflection at the bottom. It shows Boy at the top - straight from my tube. In order top to bottom below Boy are the sample card shades: #62, Monte-Carlo; #54, Boy (again); #46, Liberté; and #57, Adventure. All but Liberté are pinks.

There is a slighter darker exposure of the same shades below left. It may show the differences in the colors a little better.

I have pre-ordered these (with the exception of Boy) and about five others at Neiman Marcus. I predict that some of the Rouge Coco Shine shades are going to sell out at Chanel counters in a jiffy. They will be in great demand, and the department stores never order enough of anything anymore!

What do you think? Will you be buying? If you live in the DC area, Saks Chevy Chase is having a Chanel event on April 6 all day. You might want to call and make an appointment with Loyd Cassler. He is moving over to Chanel this week.

Photo at top courtesy of Chanel