Bobbi Brown Sweet Nectar Rich Lip Color SPF 12

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Tuesday, March 22, 2011

In February, I told you about Bobbi Brown's new super-hit lipstick, Rich Lip Color SPF 12 ($22). I've bought five of them since then. I love this lipstick. It's vying for my favorite full-color lipstick for spring.

When we went to the blogger party at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie, my lovely Bobbi Brown friends gave me a color that was about to debut, Sweet Nectar. She also gave one to Elvira at Pink Sith, where you may have seen Sweet Nectar featured.

Now, you can buy Sweet Nectar, and if you want to build a coral spring - the color of the moment - you should seek it out. The color in the tube is close to the shade shown above left, taken from Bobbi Brown's Web site. To my eye, the tube portrays a shade that is a bit darker and more coral - and intriguing.

Rich Lip Color SPF 12 is lightweight, but intense. Hard to believe that those two contrasting adjectives apply, but they do. Bobbi's latest formula combines pigments with a clear base to deliver pure, crisp color with just one swipe. Plus, it's creamy and moisturizing, so lips feel as good as they look. Rich Lip Color is available in 13 beautiful shades.

Here's a swatch of Sweet Nectar at right, taken in outdoor sunlight. Normally, coral lipsticks aren't my best shades. Maybe they are too warm for me; maybe I just can't get used to them; maybe they remind me of the orange shag carpet I had in my apartment when I was in graduate school. I shudder when I remember that shade of the 70's.

Sweet Nectar looks good on me! Combined with the pink of my lips - and with just a hint of pink that doesn't show in my swatch photo - it warms me up without overwhelming me. I'm really glad to have it - another option for this color lover.

I love Bobbi Brown's new Rich Lip Color, and I'll bet you will too. While Lilac continues to be my favorite among the gorgeous colors, I wanted to introduce you to Sweet Nectar. I can't always show you pink and peach lipsticks!

You can purchase Rich Lip Color SPF 12 at Bobbi Brown's Web site, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom - any Bobbi Brown counter. If you haven't played with the new Rich Lip Colors, you should. They are a treat.

Photo at top courtesy of Bobbi Brown