Paul & Joe Beauté Limited-Edition Collection for Summer 2011 - Eye Gloss Duo

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Paul & Joe introduced a limited-edition Eye Gloss Duo-B ($30) with the Summer 2011 Collection. I introduced the collection yesterday. I had choices for a cream eye shadow - something that always pleases me. There was Smooth Sailing 001, Fathom 002, and Depth 003. Smooth Sailing, pretty in blue, was "not me." Neither was Depth, a pink and grape duo. Fathom - golden orange (literally, that's how it looked online) and champagne beige-gold looked like they would work.

The collection of eye-opening lid lacquers is infused with two textures: whipped jelly and a watery, pearl-enhanced base to "give eyes translucency while showcasing them glamorously." Paul & Joe claims advertises that "a champagne shimmer from their signature Secret D’Or will leave eyes sparkling like jewels with a long-lasting satin finish. The duos have the consistency of a cream-gel, yet wear like a powder without smearing or caking, with a base that contains an ample amount of liquid for continuous moisture throughout the day."

The boxes of the Paul & Joe cosmetics are so cute - I love their presentation. The Eye Gloss Duo tube is straightforward. The dual-ended wand offers two color-coordinated shades - in this case, golden beige and an golden orange-tinged peach. Reader Eileen opened my eyes to orange shades. They do emphasize the blue in my eyes, and I have learned that some of them look good on me - better than I had imagined in the past.

I have provided two swatch photos for you, taken in full sun. The shades on my arm were almost unblended. I applied them with their doe-foot applicators and then smudged them ever so lightly.

Don't let the golden orange-toned shadow scare you! I apply it as a crease/accent shadow. It takes a tiny dab amount of the cream shadow, dotted on my lid, and blended with either my finger or a brush to give me a warm, golden, and punchy peach look that's pretty for summer when paired with peach or bronze cheek and lip shades. I use the golden orange shade in the outer crease and outer lid.

I wear the metallic champagne beige-gold on the lid. Make no mistake - the lighter shade has sparkle, not what I call shimmer. The light catches micro-glitter. Anyone over 40 won't want to wear it to work (fashion, beauty, art, and culture jobs excluded). However, the color pairing is a hit. It looks fabulous with the Bronzer B in Siren, the blush/bronzer in the summer collection. I understand how the look evolved; it's cohesive. I would recommend this Eye Gloss Duo to anyone who loves this color combination and can pull off a metallic eye. I will save it for evening.

You can find Paul & Joe Beauté at b~glowing (where I purchased my items from this collection), Beautyhabit, and DermStore.

Photo at top courtesy of b~glowing; other photos by Best Things in Beauty