Chanel Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer in Giggle for Fall 2011

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It's back! Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer in Giggle ($28.50) is being re-promoted with Chanel's Fall 2011 Collection. Giggle is a beloved Glossimer shade that has had its share of appearances and has earned a lot of love. It's perfect for fall - in my opinion any time of year - so I'm not surprised Chanel rolled it out with the fall color collection.

An alternative to the sparkly, shimmering Pampille and Braise, Giggle (#46) offers a more subdued glossy look. Its mauve-rose color is perfect for me, and I suspect it's perfect for many because it straddles the line between warm and cool.

I like it. I can't claim it's the snazziest gloss in the recent parade, but it's a staple, a gloss you will grab when you want some color and want to look good, but don't want to sizzle.

Here are some swatch photos I grabbed when the sun made a quick appearance yesterday. You can see that the color isn't even close to the the little rectangle on Chanel's Web site rendering above. It's definitely not grape or plum - on my arm or lips (or in the tube for that matter). What color would you call this pretty warm rose? It's hard to characterize, but not hard to love.

You can see that my arm sparkles from the sunlight, but Giggle doesn't. It has a nice, glossy finish that's perfect on its own or for use in transforming a lipstick's finish and shade.

I didn't purchase Pampille. It's extremely light, and I didn't need another ultra-sheer, ultra-light, shimmering gloss. It's pretty, but I gravitate toward colors that are unique. I think that adjective fits Giggle.

You can purchase Chanel's fall colors at Chanel's Web site or your favorite Chanel counter. I bought my Chanel Fall 2011 Collection pieces online and at Neiman Marcus. I'm sure Saks, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, Lord & Taylor, and the rest of the counters have or will have the collection. Although it was scheduled to launch at counters in July, it arrived here a week early. From Twitter, I know that many of you are still waiting for the collection. Be patient. I'll bet it shows up this week.

Update 11:20 am - I got a question and decided to answer for all of you. This Giggle is not the Asian and European version, which is called Praline Giggle. That shade is rosier and darker.

Photo at top courtesy of Chanel; other photos by Best Things in Beauty