LORENZO'S VIEW

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Saturday, October 16, 2010

UNDERLINING his consistency this season, in starting from second on the grid for this afternoon's MotoGP race at Phillip Island, Jorge Lorenzo has secured his 15th front row start of the season.

In a qualifying session made difficult by cold temperatures and windy conditions at the ocean-side track, Lorenzo and his Fiat Yamaha crew focused on improving their time in the fourth split, where they found they were losing time this morning, and were able to make some improvements although there is still more to be done.

The new World Champion spent a brief sojourn at the top of the time sheets before being ousted by Casey Stoner and he was unable to come any closer to the Australian's time, settling for second place and the middle of the front row.

"These conditions were really risky because it was so cold and also incredibly windy. It was hard to stay on the bike sometimes! I'm happy with my race pace which is unusual for me here because I've never been so strong in MotoGP at this track, but I think we've done a good job. I wanted pole today but the weather and Casey stopped me - he is so quick here. We have the second best time so it is okay and I am feeling very calm after last weekend. We hope the weather is like this or better tomorrow, with no rain, and then we will go for it and see what happens in the race. I am ready for the race; I just want to enjoy it."