CAPIROSSI A NON-STARTER

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Saturday, October 16, 2010

RIZLA Suzuki’s Loris Capirossi has been forced to withdraw from today’s Australian Grand Prix due an injury sustained in Saturday afternoon's qualifying practice.

Capirossi was able to walk away from a very fast crash near the end of the afternoon session and appeared to be unhurt, but further examinations by the medical centre at the Phillip Island circuit and the Clinica Mobile diagnosed an injury to his left groin.

Capirossi hoped to be fit to ride in Sunday afternoon’s race, but further investigations found a strain to the adductor muscle at the top of his left thigh and the medical staff had no choice but to declare him unfit to ride. He has now returned to Europe to get further treatment on the injury and plans to be fit for the Portuguese Grand Prix in two-weeks’ time.

“I am so disappointed that I have had to withdraw from the race," Capirossi said. "I did not want to, but the doctors said that the strain would have made it difficult for me to hang on to the bike and control it for the whole race, so they had to declare me unfit. It was been quite a miserable three races for me and now I need to get back home and make sure I am as fit as possible for the last two races. I still have a lot to do this season and I want to end the year as competitive as possible.”