SRK honored with a doctorate from Bedforshire University

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Wednesday, July 15, 2009


Shahrukh Khan has a huge fan base not only in India but also along the entire world and this was utterly proved when the actor was awarded with the honorary doctorate from the University of Bedforshire in the field of Arts and Culture.

SRK was there along with wife Gauri in London to accept the doctorate. SRK had once declared that London was his favorite city in the world. Now, that he has this honor, he is thrilled and plans to keep the degree framed in his living room.

At this moment, SRK also mourned the loss of pop star Michael Jackson declaring MJ to be a wonderful human being. He also said that his only connection with western music was through MJ’s work.

Here is what SRK said at the occasion, “My wife is here too. She thinks being a doctor is really serious stuff. Of all my achievements as an actor, this one is a special achievement.”

“I will entertain like Walt Disney where he says I will entertain and help people learn. But if you are asking if I will make films to teach people ABC then I doubt it, you won’t see them. But I will make films that people can go and see for three hours and then come back and study hard for their exams.”

“On one wall, where I have my personal desk, where I keep my scripts, I have the Padmashri, the French honor, the Malaysian honor and this one will also go there. The Filmfare awards are in front of me so I am like a megalomaniac, self-centered person who likes to be surrounded by his awards.”