ROSSI DUCATI TEST IN DOUBT

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Monday, August 16, 2010

VALENTINO Rossi's hopes to test the Ducati V4 MotoGP at the end of season Valencia test in November looks unlikely, with Executive Officer of Engineering Operations at Yamaha, Masao Furusawa citing contractual agreements as a reason it may not take place.

Riders are usually contracted for a calendar year, which means Rossi's current Yamaha contract runs out on December 31.

Speaking after the race at Brno on Sunday, August 15, Rossi said his work at Yamaha was done.“I think that here in Yamaha my work is finished,” said Rossi. “The situation within Yamaha has changed a lot since 2004. Now the M1 is maybe the best bike in MotoGP, Yamaha have great riders, so it looks like they don’t need me any more.”

Rossi has won four MotoGP World Championships in his seven years with Yamaha and has now signed a two-year deal with Ducati for 2011-2011 and is excited at the prospect of linking up with the Bologna factory.

“I’m very curious and very motivated for this new challenge and I think it will be very interesting,” he stated.

“I think an Italian rider on an Italian bike will be great for all Italian fans. I think we’ll have a lot of fans cheering for us.”

He hopes to test the V4 Ducati at Valencia after the final grand prix in November.

“If Yamaha say no I’ll be very upset and sad,” said the 31 year-old Italian.

“Only Honda have said no to me in the past and that relationship was very different to the one between me and Yamaha. If I can’t do it then I don’t understand the relationship between me and Yamaha!”