Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

GP has an abortion so she can get back to work performing abortions.


Independent MP Gordon Copeland is disappointed that Christchurch GP Dr. Pippa MacKay returned to work yesterday after having an abortion.

Her abortion was granted on the grounds that her mental health was at risk. She said she had been mildly depressed since lunchtime last Tuesday, but admitted the depression had suddenly got a lot worse.

"I`m not sure if I am more disappointed over the fact that Dr. Mackay returned to work after having an abortion or the fact that she had an abortion, " Mr. Copeland said. "And if her mental health was really at risk, what's she doing back at work?"

It is understood it was Dr. MacKay's second abortion and that she used contraception at conception. "I was fully protected," she said. "But unfortunately, not protected enough. I`m so depressed. It was lucky I made the decision to have an abortion before I got pregnant because I hate making these types of decisions when I have a new life inside of me".

"It's better aborting it out than adopting it out to some family that doesn't want it."

Right To Life spokesperson Ken Orr said the reason she was depressed was obvious. "She had an abortion. Had she kept the baby she would not be depressed and she would have been on paid parental leave, where she should be."

Dr. Mackay said she would like to have a child some day. "I would like to have a child some day," she said. "Sadly, I don`t have children, but we are trying very hard to have children. But unfortunately the time was not right. I am working overtime until the end of the month and the money`s really good."